Explore concepts, techniques and tools used by financial people by developing and understanding various financial data, what ‘concepts’ mean, budgets, strategic planning, terminology, control systems, cost allocation and cost behaviours which will enhance your ability to communicate effectively with management, accountants and other team members.
- The course deals with the issues from a Manager’s perspective with a primary focus on understanding what the concepts mean, rather than how the calculations are done.
- Read, understand and interpret Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Reports.
- Discover the concepts of Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Cash and Profit and use these concepts to calculate key financial ratios ie Profit Margins, Return on Investment, Gearing and the various ‘per share’ and ‘yield’ ratios.
- Learn about Management Accounting, commencing with concepts associated with cost behaivour ie fixed and variable costs, contribution margin and break-even analysis, cost allocation and how they are allocated to products and services with a special focus on overhead allocation methods.
- Budgets, strategic planning and control systems, which includes the role of budgets, types of budgets, the range of budgeting methodologies, behavioural issues in budgeting and the use of budgets in organisations.
- Control systems including the use of diagnostics control systems, boundary and belief systems and the practical and most effective use of interactive financial control systems.
Duration: 2 days
Who should attend: Designed for project staff, supervisors and managers who have limited financial background knowledge
Prerequisite: No prerequisites are mandated for this course
Accreditation: National accreditation is currently not available for this course
Trainer: Bob Gilliver, BCom MBA and CEO of MBA Quality Consultants. Highly experienced Business Manager, Lecturer and Management Trainer for business organisations
How to register for this course
Simply fill out one of the below Course Registration Forms and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our courses or for general enquires please complete this form. Alternatively you can contact us via the following contact information:
Babcock Training Academy
70 Franklin Street
Adelaide SA 5000